28,891 salmon were included in the Sundial Riffle Raffle for hopeful participants helping the youth of Shasta County. This will generate about $144,000 toward substance abuse prevention and youth development in our local community. This is about 35% over last year’s results!!!
This event, sponsored by Redding East Rotary, has raised over 5 million dollars Prize Winners were randomly chosen and announced at 2:30 at the Sundial Bridge in conjunction with the Festival at the Sundial Riffle Raffle.
This year’s lucky winners are:
- Derina Lucas, ticket sold by Turtle Bay School will receive the Grand Prize – $10,000 in cash.
There is a lovely story here. She and her husband are ministers and were in our area to perform a wedding. They were offered tickets from a Turtle Bay student outside the market. Derina was looking through her purse to purchase a ticket but didn’t have any cash. Someone came out of the market and hear her. The individual stepped in and bought not one, but two tickets for her, as well as some for himself. Derina has some special plans for the money.
This is a beautiful random act of kindness story!!
- Jenn Sanford, ticket sold by Mistletoe School 2nd Place prize –19 Sleeper house boat Vacation donated by Jones Valley Marina
- Danny Jennings ticket sold by his son River from Junction School 3rd Place prize – San Francisco Giants Weekend – 4 box seats, hotel, dinner plus many extras, (Value $1200) Courtesy of InterWest Insurance
- Paula Daniel ticket sold by Lassen View School 4th Place 16” Bicycle donated by the Bike Shop
- Marisa Emmerson ticket sold by Lassen View 5th Place: Diamond Necklace donated by DeVon’s Jewelers
Sellers reports will be finalized next week to show the schools results & funds will be distributed at the Elks Club in December at a Redding East Rotary.
The real winners are our kids!! Funds will be distributed after final accounting and audits at a Redding East Rotary Club luncheon.